Welcome to our Hints and Tips page.
We want each and every customer to enjoy their Oona Candles products safely.
Please make sure you read and follow the safety instructions on each product and the burn instructions printed on the back of our candles.
Do you know that wax has a memory? Sounds crazy I know, but I can assure you from experience that it does.
In order to get the best from your handmade Oona Candle:-
- Please follow the safety instructions on the base of the candle
- Cut the wick to approximately 0.5cm – 1cm each time before burning (but not too short or the wax will smother it) wooden wicks should burn down without needing trimmed
- Burn the candle long enough to allow the entire surface to melt
- Do not allow the candle to burn for more than 2/4 hours (depending on size of candle), this will avoid the wick from mushrooming and creating a black soot and debris, if this happens, extinguish the flame.
- Never move a burning candle, ensure wax has solidified and the candle has cooled before touching or moving.